Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar ChildrenMiss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book. I thought that it was such a fun read. It definitely started out really creepy at first and as the story progressed these mysteries unfolded in unusual ways. In most books with photos or artwork, the artwork/photos are used to enhance the story. In this book it felt as if the author had used the collection of old photos to weave the story. Admitedly, the peculiar children do have an x-men like quality to them but despite that they are very endearing and certainly keep things interesting. The ending left alot of unanswered questions. I hope the author decides to do a sequel because I would love to know how their adventure continued.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this book too. I picked it off the shelf because of the old photographs and finding out that they were in face original photographs picked from various yard sales and thrift stores made it all the more enchanting. I, too hope that there is a sequel because the ending was vague. However, it still left me with a sense of closure so it didn't detract from the overall good rating of this book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...