Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict

The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas BenedictThe Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict by Trenton Lee Stewart

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was my introduction to the Mysterious Benedict Society and I must say that I'm hooked. I shall definitely seek out more of these books.

Nicholas Benedict is an orphan with more problems than most. He suffers from narcolepsy and he's a genious. In the begining of the story he comes to Child's End from another orphanage, he's been in orphanages most of his life, and here he finds a mystery. Nicholas soon discovers that there is a treasure to be found that was hidden by the previous owners of the mansion, the Rothchilds, and he is determined to find it.

This was a wonderful story that was full of mystery and adventure, great characters, and lessons learned along the way. Nicholas finds freinds, defeats bullies, learns alot about himself as well as teaches the adults a bit about life. This was a story that I was completely engrossed in from the very begining. Its great for jr high age or any of us that are kids at heart.



View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about the Benedict books, and after your review I'm definitely inclined to check them out. Thanks for taking the time to read and review this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had ran across this one in Barnes and Noble over the weekend while I was trying to kill time. I picked it up and was immediately drawn into the story. That was it, I was hooked. I'm really looking forward to reading others in this series.

      Delete
  2. I love the cover, it's so different. I'm gonna be hooked on this, I'm so sure. Thanks for the review.
    New Gfc follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also heard good things about the Benedict books but never read any. I'm glad you liked it. I have to say that the cover is wonderful.

    http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...