Saturday, March 9, 2013

Maggie's Journey

Maggie's JourneyMaggie's Journey by Lena Nelson Dooley

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was a free kindle read and it wasn't horrible but just not my kind of read. I gave it three stars because I felt like those who enjoy Christian fiction would like this one thereby it has potential.

Not only a Christian fiction, this read is also a historical fiction. Maggie is born, one of triplets, on a wagon train headed to Oregon. Her mother dies in childbirth and her father, unable to care for three babies gives her and one sibling up for adoption. Her parents hide the truth from her and this leads to all kinds of issues.

The characters do tend to be a bit two dimensional but not off-putting. The time period that this is set in is certainly interesting and of course there is a bit of a love triangle thrown in for good measure. What I liked most about this read was the aspect of the adoption. The issues involved and the decisions that go along with it transcend generations. They are the same then as now and likely to be so in the future.

I didn't like that it tended to be a bit preachy. I know that its Christian fiction but I think it went a bit overboard. But maybe I feel that way because I'm not a big fan of the genre.

I think this would be a good read for anyone that does like Christian fiction, or very clean romance.



View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...