Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fifty Shades of Alice Through the Looking Glass

Fifty Shades of Alice Through the Looking GlassFifty Shades of Alice Through the Looking Glass by Melinda DuChamp

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I would actually give this one 3.5 stars but since I can't give half stars I stretched it up since it was overall a fun read. I didn't like this one nearly as well as Fifty Shades of Alice in Wonderland and I shall tell you why.

Make no mistake, this was a fun read. Full of all kinds of satire, don't take this too seriously or you will hate it. Compared to the first book in the Alice series, this one has a broader range of kink. Its an erotica so its definitely rated XXX, no kids allowed. But it goes beyond that. I can say that even I learned a few things lol. My issue with this read is not that it includes fetishes and bondage, but some of the characters were just a bit too creepy for my pleasure. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and the scene with Humpty Dumpty was a bit more than I could take.

Alice is searching for an open mind, and this is a theme that the author definitely beats you over the head with. And if you don't go into Wonderland with an open mind then maybe you should tread elsewhere because this one isn't for the feint of heart. Overall, I enjoyed it (mostly) and am curious to see what is in store for Alice and Lewis.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...