Monday, August 19, 2013

The Twelve

The Twelve (The Passage, #2)The Twelve by Justin Cronin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Actual rating of 4.5 stars but I rounded up because I feel it was so well written and intricate. And OMG! what a long read. I was begining to think I would never finish. When I started reading The Twelve I wished that I would have been able to re-read The Passage. There was so much that I had forgotten about the first book and although the original story was woven in I had difficulty remember some of what had went on in the first book.

This book weaves a story around several threads. Many of the original characters are still involved--especially Amy and the virals. The religious aspects become even more pronounced as we are constantly hearing about the afterlife and God having a purpose for everything. The relationship between Amy and Wolgast also aludes to this right up to the very end.

Some aspects of this book are almost like short stories. What happens in year Zero is a story onto itself as well as "The Field". Some of which I wasn't sure what it had to do with the rest of the story. Although it added to the storyline it was really unneccessary. And at nearly 600 pages, I could have stood a bit less of the story.

This is certainly not a story for everyone. Its not an easy read as it is very long and at times a bit confusing. But if you enjoyed The Passage I would recommend continueing with The Twelve and I am looking forward to what comes next.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...