Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hollow City

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, #2)Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is the second in the Miss Peregrine's series and is very much like the first. It picks right up where the first one left off not giving much of a re-cap as to what had come before it. I wish that I had refreshed my memory with the first book before I started this one.

I love the premise of the book with all the strange photographs that make up the story. The picture on the front is one of my favorites and the story its attached to in the book is strange as well. I'm glad things continued in the 1940s and feel like even in todays time war is something that sadly even children have to relate to. The children did so some skipping into other time zones but I sometimes had trouble discerning what year we was in.

There were many twists and turns throughout their adventure. It definitely kept my attention as I wondered what they would encounter next or how they would get out of a particular situation. The ending itself was definitely a surprise. I can't imagine how they will manage to save Miss Peregrine or what actions they will take as their story continues.

If you enjoyed the first one you will like this one too. The pictures alone make these books worth a look.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...