Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Beyonders #1 A World Without Heroes

A World Without Heroes (Beyonders, #1)A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I generously gave this book 4 stars, its more like 3.5. I loved the Fablehaven series so I had high hopes for this book. Maybe too high.

This book reminded me so much of a more modern Alice in Wonderland. Jason and Rachel arrive in Lyrian through unusual means just as a group of musicians commit suicide by going over a waterfall and the crowd there sees this as normal. More unusual characters are met along the way as they attempt to complete their quest for the Word.

This is a middle grade age book, and its suitable for the age group. The characters aren't too in depth and the setting is unusual. Its an adventure that will appeal to a young audience but not one, as an older reader, am just drawn to.

Overall, its not a horrible read, but at the same time not a great one either. The twist at the end and the cliffhanger is what prompted me to round up to 4 stars. I will probably, at some point, continue with the series but its not one that I just can't wait to get my hands on. Maybe the next book will be a bit better.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...