Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Lunatic's Curse

The Lunatic's Curse (Tales From The Sinister City, #4)The Lunatic's Curse by F.E. Higgins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I love the Tales from the Sinister City. However, this is a bit much for the age group it was written for. Reminiscent of RL Stein or Ray Bradbury, this read is a dark and creepy. It contains elements of horror that children may not understand such as cannibalism.

The Lunatic's Curse involves the mystery of the madness and death of the famous inventor Grammaticus. The creepiness level is increased by setting the story at the local lunatic asylum. Murder and mystery abounds through this book as Rex and his new friend Hildred try to discover what's happening. With escaped lunatics and a monster in the bottomless lake, there is much mystery, adventure, and evil about.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. Once I started reading it I couldn't quit and was sorry to see it end. I want to know more about what happened and can't wait for the next installment. However, I think it is not appropriate for the intended audience of the younger persuasion with the underlying theme of cannibalism. Its not for the feint of heart to be sure.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...